Good news for users of GDAL/OGR:
The GDAL/OGR team is pleased to announce the release of GDAL/OGR 1.9.0.
This is a major new release including the following major new features:
- New GDAL drivers: ACE2, CTG, E00GRID, ECRGTOC, GRASSASCIIGrid,
GTA, NGSGEOID, SNODAS, WebP, ZMap
- New OGR drivers: ARCGEN, CouchDB, DWG, EDIGEO, ESRI FileGDB, Geomedia,
Google Fusion Tables, IDRISI, MDB, SEGUKOOA, SEGY, SVG, XLS
- Significantly improved drivers: NetCDF
- Encoding support for shapefile/dbf (#882)
- RFC 35: Delete, reorder and alter field definitions of OGR layers
- RFC 37: Add mechanism to provide user data to CPLErrorHandler (#4295)
- gdalsrsinfo: new supported utility to report SRS in various form
Some nice new formats in there. How does it all work? Paolo Corti takes a look and says, “Brilliant!”.